- 1 lb chorizo
- 4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 2 ripe plantains, sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup refried black beans
- 4 Maria and Ricardos Tortillas (any flavor)
- 1/2 cup salsa roja
- 1/4 cup Queso fresco
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- In a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, cook and crumble chorizo.
Once browned, transfer to a plate and cover with aluminum foil.
- Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel, heat 1 Tbsp of oil over medium-high heat.
- Sprinkle plantains with sugar, cinnamon and salt. Fry in hot oil on both sides until light golden brown.
- Once finished, fry eggs on both sides in a small amount of oil.
- In a second medium skillet, heat 1 tbsp olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook onions and mushrooms for 2-3 minutes.
- Add peas and cook until bright green (about 1 minute more.)
- Return skillet to stove over medium heat, brush tortillas on both sides with 1 Tbsp oil. Cook on both sides until golden brown. Place each on a small salad plate.
- Heat refried black beans and lime juice in skillet. Spread atop each tortilla.
- Top with chorizo, mushroom mixture and a fried egg.
- Drizzle with salsa roja, top with crumbled queso fresco and parsley or cilantro for garnish.