- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 5 dried ancho chilis
- 1/3 cup dried crushed pasilla peppers
- 5 oz sundried tomatoes in oil
- 1 cup fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Mexican oregano
- 1/4 Tbsp canola or light olive oil
- 1 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs chorizo
- 2 chicken breasts, poached and shredded
- 8 Maria & Ricardo’s Quinoa Tortillas
- 11/2 cups Mexican cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup Queso Fresco, crumbled
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish (optional)
- Diced avocado, for garnish (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F
- Make the enchilada sauce: In a blender or food processor, combine garlic, onion, chilis, peppers, sun-dried tomatoes, fire-roasted tomatoes, oregano, oil, broth and salt.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chorizo and chicken together until chorizo is cooked through. Add 1/3 of the enchilada sauce.
- Brush tortillas with remaining olive oil. In a large skillet over medium heat, warm tortillas on each side until lightly brown.
- Spoon filling into tortillas, roll up and place in a 9x13” baking pan. Top with remaining enchilada sauce and shredded cheese.
- Cover and cook 30-35 minutes, then remove cover, top with Queso Fresco and bake until cheese is melted. If desired, garnish with cilantro and avocado. Serve with sour cream.
- Vegan version: Replace chorizo with 15 oz refried black beans and 20 oz meatless chicken. Top with vegan cheese shreds.
Cauliflower Gluten Free Tortillas Read more
Soft Taco Size
Sweet Potato Grain Free Tortillas Read more
Soft Taco Size